A Pleasant Little Book Review . . .

"this is a book about something"
-C S Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

What a treat!  The Magician's Nephew by C S Lewis was first read in our home when we lived on Robin Way in Kelowna.  Shelby and Sherilee were in grade school and I can still see them listening to that first reading.

Since then I have read some of the other books in the Narnia series a number of times and of course watched the BBC series and the movies more recently made, but probably not this particular volume.

The Magicians Nephew is the beginning of it all, the founding of Narnia by Aslan, the lion, and I felt that if I were to read the entire series again, since I installed them all on my Kindle, I should start at the beginning of the story.  And I did.

The story grabs you and within hours sitting at or on the ferry, I had read the entire little book.  It was great to be reintroduced to Digory and Polly and the horse named Strawberry along with an array of very interesting people.  This is the story of two children looking for an adventure which they sure enough find.  But, I promise you, you do not have to be a child to see the wisdom in these pages.

This is not just another fantastical story of another world.  Warnings, examples and wishes all show up here.

"What you see and what you hear 
depends a great deal on where you are standing.  
It also depends on what sort of person you are." 

And one of my favourite...

"Look for the valley, the green places, 
and fly through them.  There will 
always be a way through."

Please remember...

"Awake  Love  Think  Speak"

This book is an easy, pleasant read that will warm your heart.  And tell me, who doesn't need a little heart warming these days?

Be well and stay in touch.


















Comments

Popular Posts