"It is always possible to be thankful for what is given rather than to complain about what is not given. One or the other becomes a habit of life."
Over time I have enjoyed reading the Friday blogs of both my daughter, http://www.sweetteasunshine.blogspot.com/ and my husband, http://www.sherwingoerlitz.blogspot.com/ where they share their gratitude for the past week…now, because I was feeling poorly about missing out on Thursday Thirteen yesterday I thought I should make up a list of Friday Fifteen as my grateful list…
A cooler head prevailed and I have settled on Friday Five as my offering tonight.
1. That cooler head belongs to my dear husband who fills my life with adventure and fun…we have had good laughs and some tears together for over 43 years.
2. My dear children who all lead fine, productive lives and have exciting adventures of their own.
Time for an update but they are a beautiful bunch, aren't they?
3. This beautiful spot where we live and where we cannot help but express our amazement at the beauty as we stand up and look around instead of keeping our eyes in the weeds and the rocks all the time.
4. There are so many native flowers blooming right now and of course I cannot go to Big Town without stopping to buy at least one pot of flowers.
5. The marvelous potential I see in my small basil and artichoke plants…two favorites in our diet.
And I could go on and on...but I will say good night and God bless you all.
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy