Life Lessons From the Desert

Lesson #2

Be careful where you look 
for support along the path. 
We do not leave home without these hiking sticks that have saved our bacon more than once.


You may find yourself on a side hill leaning into the hill because of the drop off on the other side. Support from your hiking stick is very important. Coming down from the top of the mountain/hill is so much easier if you have the support of a good hiking stick.

I have found myself in situations where there was a major saguaro on one side...


and a lovely barrel cactus on the other...


I am feeling dizzy so am about to reach out and grab whatever but peripheral vision lets me know quickly to use only the stick. 

I often think of my friends and family as I am out hiking. Some have been 'hiking sticks' in my life and for those I am truly thankful. Some have been there to help me see the thorns and prickers, giving me their hand for support.

"Close friends are truly life's treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears.Their presence reminds us that are never really alone."
- Vincent van Gogh










Comments

Popular Posts