Working Through Life...



From the land of cactus and sand...


The week started with a reversal on the Christmas tree decor... it is always a sad moment to tuck all the goodies away for yet another year but if 2015 goes by as quickly as 2014 I will be pulling out my dear treasures in no time at all...


The highlight of our week was our date night in town, out to dinner with friends and an off-Broadway production of "Joseph..." It was great fun, the dancing was delightful and it was great to share it with other musical lovers.

* * * * *

It seems that in January everyone is looking for the perfect recipe to make us over in the new year. For some months now I have been making a cookie that is tasty but not sweet.

I am not sure where I found this recipe so I cannot give anyone credit but we do love these little delights and are thankful for cookies in our life!

Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix together in bowl 1:
2 cups almond meal
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Mix in small bowl 2:
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
3 T. maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla

Stir bowls 1&2 together until well mixed. Using a small scoop place on cookie sheet, flatten with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges.

I always double the recipe so I don't have to make them too often. 


This is what I use for chocolate chips... not sweetened at all, about as pure and holy as I can find, and perfect for cookies. 


* * * * *
Weep Trust  Pray  Think  Shift  Hope  Grow

Those words, taken in that order, will help us all work through the uninvited changes that come into our lives.

God be with you, be well and keep in touch.






Comments

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web
    the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , people
    could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
    Thanks

    Here is my weblog: debt settlement

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts