New Week

So looking forward to the week ahead – a new year, a new month or a new week are great times for starting new ‘stuff’. Each new day is great with me. And since I have a weakness for lists I always have an abundance of things to look towards.


Looking forward to…planting the lilacs, snowdrops, lavender and poppies already purchased and then heading off to town to work off the list of new treasures for the gardens around here.


Looking forward to…cleaning out the rest of my office in preparation for the beginnings of the ‘great renovation of 2010’. Some years ago my daughter-in-law, Kim, gave me a book “A Room Of Her Own” and it has been an inspiration to me to make a nest for myself in one corner or another. Actually, it will only be a few minor changes but it will be lots of work with some new lighting, new wall color and a lovely new floor. Am so looking forward to setting up house in there again. In the meantime I am moving the entire room into our little moving trailer…handy, no?


Looking forward to…cooking! I must try some new recipes to warm my honey’s heart! I am in the hunt for a good falafel recipe and will try my hand at a batch of naan. Desserts are not supposed to be on my horizon but maybe we will have to slip in a little bit of something. Found a recipe for Rhubarb Ricotta Muffins that look marvelous…

2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup creamy ricotta
½ cup grapeseed oil
2 large eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)*
turbinado sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate large bowl, blend together brown sugar, ricotta cheese, oil,
eggs and vanilla. Add flour to brown sugar mix and blend just until incorporated. Stir in rhubarb and spoon into a greased muffin tin. Sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar.

Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a tester in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.

*if I was to use frozen rhubarb I would dust the rhubarb with flour before adding to the recipe…otherwise they may get too juicy!

Looking forward to…Isaiah. Isaiah, you say? For a number of years I have been paraphrasing sections of the Bible and enjoying it immensely. By paraphrasing I mean that I use my English with no desire to change the intention of the original author. It ends up being a very meaningful way to worship. Now Isaiah has long stretches of some stiff experiences for the tribe of Judah but every once in a while a marvelous nugget comes to the surface; and it is a great way to start my day.

Looking forward to…reading good books, listening to some new music and of course, clearing my mind with a few Sudoku puzzles.


“Do not let time pass without accomplishing something. Otherwise you will regret it when your hair turns gray.” - Yui Fei

“If you are too busy to laugh, you are entirely too busy.” -Anon

“Each day of life is a precious gift from God.” -Anon

Comments

Popular Posts