Woke up this morning to wind and rain and decided I had a choice to make. I could pull up the soft covers and hide from the clouds or get out and put my day in order. On days like this I have to remind myself that I can make the choices that will make my time what I want it to be.
So, here I am to share with you thirteen favorite pieces of advice and inspiration to move your day along too.1. Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. –Theodore Roosevelt
2. We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy. –Joseph Campbell
3. In a moving world re-adaptation is the price of longevity. –George Santayana
4. Arrange whatever pieces come your way. –Virginia Woolf
5. Full maturity is achieved by realizing that you have choices to make.
-Angela Barron McBride
6. The first thing I do in the morning is to make my bed and while I am making up my bed I am making up my mind as to what kind of a day I am going to have. –Robert Frost
7. Although perfectionists believe their goal is excellence, they are really just looking for security.
8. Only he who believes is obedient, and only he who is obedient believes.
9. No problem is so formidable that you can't walk away from it.
10. Be at peace with yourself. If you are not a peace with yourself, you are at peace with nothing.11. If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. –Albert Einstein
12. You cannot keep trouble from coming, but you needn’t give it a chair.
13. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. -John Heider
There are others who like to share on Thursday with their thirteen. Click here to see.