The Attitude is Gratitude

So, so much to be thankful for today.  It has been a perfect day with sunshine, little white clouds and a five mile walk behind me. 

In particular today I have to say I am so thankful for the angels who care for me.  Over the years I have imagined angels sitting on the fenders of the vehicle we have been in at the time or at a job site where things could be dicey but every day I feel their presence caring for us.  I keep reminders around.


Today I am so thankful for all the hearts and loves in my life.


"I'll love you, dear, I'll love you
Till China and Africa meet,
And the river jumps over the mountain
And the salmon sing in the street,

I'll love you till the ocean
Is folded and hung up to dry
And the seven stars go sqawking
Like geese about the sky."                   W.H. Auden

  -mother's day candy box!  (the heart candy was good)

My heart is so very thankful today for old friends.  This poem reminds me of my dear friend, Deirdre, and the good old days at VHS.

"With rue my heart is laden
For golden friends I had,
For many a rose-lipt maiden
And many a lightfoot lad.

By brooks too broad for leaping
The lightfoot boys are laid;
The rose-lipt girls are sleeping
In fields where roses fade."           A.E. Housman


I am so thankful for the opportunity to be able to garden and the time I can go out early in the morning to see how much it grew over night, which brings to mind...




Wishing you all well and happy days ahead...do remember
“If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.”

Comments

  1. I was touched by your grateful thoughts today. To know that you will love me until the salmon sing in the street makes me even more grateful for your love.

    But the song by Alan Jackson, "I Come to the Garden" brought tears. I remember my dad many times over the years at church, when the song leader would ask for "favorites" ...dad would always ask for "I Come to the Garden." It was his favorite. On June 11 this coming week my dad would have been 110 years old. I still do miss him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts