A Moment of Thankfulness on Friday Night

For all of this I am thankful:

Outside my window...I can see my garden winding down from summer into fall. This past week I put chicken wire around my patches of tomatoes to keep the grouse/raccoons/whatever from eating my tomatoes as they ripen.

I am thinking...about the subject of privacy, that-which-I-hold-sacred and overexposure and how it has changed in the past 25 years and what is principle and what is opinion on the matter.

I am wearing...cool tops and sandals still because even though it has been raining it is not cold for which I am very thankful.

In the learning room...This morning I signed up for a sketchbook project where I will fill a sketchbook with my doodlings, along with many other people, and the sketchbooks will make a tour of the USA. How fun is that?

I am remembering...1st grade, 4th grade and 8th grade along with my grandchildren. It is amazing how much I remember from those classrooms. Probably the subject of my memories tells a lot about who I am today. 1st grade...finally I get to go to school! 4th grade...Mrs. Davidson got a few more grey hairs. 8th grade...first year with 2 teachers(both great ladies) and a solid appreciation for boys!!!!

I am going...to Paris next spring with my daughter and my sister!!! Whoopee!!!! Whee!

I am currently reading...The Girl Who Played With Fire. After I finished the first book in the trilogy I was quite sure I wouldn’t continue on with the next 2 books but slowly the harsh/hard realities of book one faded in my mind and I just had to see what happens to Lisbeth.

I am hoping...and praying for all our dear friends who are suffering health challenges. God bless and keep you all in the palm of His hand.

On my mind...Rosh Hoshanah. These thought bites remind me of the soul work that Jewish people do as they prepare for their New Year, Yom Kippur. Have been thinking of what I wish to change in the new year and what wrongs I need to make right from the past 12 months. I may not be Jewish but I love starting fresh so these things have been weighing on my mind since September 8 when Rosh Hoshanah began.

Noticing that...every day still brings with it a fresh opportunity to learn to trust in God.

Pondering these words... “Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.” - Soren Kierkegaard

From the kitchen...cinnamon rolls for Friday night opening of the Sabbath.

Around the house...love the smallness of my house and the generous size of my office. Priorities, you know!

One of my favorite things...must be poetry. Found this little one in my stash of art ideas this past week.

I could spend a happy morning seeing Roo,
I could spend a happy morning being Pooh.
For it doesn’t seem to matter,
If I don’t get any fatter
(And I don’t get any fatter),
What I do.
The House At Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne

And from my camera...


"I have lived to thank God that all my prayers have not been answered."
                                             -Jean Ingelow

Tonight I am thankful for all of you who stop by to take a look.

Comments

  1. What a joy to have a thankful wife and a thankful daughter... and a thankful son, who offically closed a chapter in his life today.

    I have a lot to be thankful for, but mostly it is that the important people in my live are happy, healthy and grateful.

    I am thankful to have signed up for the Terry Fox Run... and have so many good friends who have sponsored me and Shirley. We raised our goal twice and still blew over the top! Thank you everyone!

    Shirley, I am thankful that you like photography... and I love your autumn sunset above. Awesome to live here and get to see the sun set almost every night... and then see it again on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts