Something to Celebrate ...

Some years ago I sat propped up on pillows in the St. Helena Sanitarium and laid my new girl bundle on my knees.  She and I had a long look at one another and thus began the first Mom-Sherilee conversation.

Cameras were not part of my life 42 years ago or I would have lots of pictures to help me remember but I do have good memories in my heart.

The first tree swing in her life...


Entertaining Cousin Greg with her brother, Shelby...

 
She loves a good thrill and is afraid of nothing...
 
 
Sherilee got an early start in the communication business...
 
 
She takes her work seriously…
 

Motherhood came so naturally to her...


And we are so happy to see her happy...


This girl has brought us so much joy and delight. She fills the room with sun and even when clouds threaten she has learned to find the silver somewhere.


And now on the eve of your birthday, Sherilee, your father and I wish you much love, joy and peace.  Happy, Happy Birthday and as you begin a new year we wish you all the blessings you desire. 
 
Love and hugs, Mama and Pa
 

Comments

  1. Happy birthday dear sister.. you're catching up to me! Great pix Ma -- I can't resist a couple comments:

    Pic 1: That's an awesome flamenco pose, minus the chain. Looks like that chain was from Grandma and Grandpa's swing at the Gates Road ranch..

    Pic 2: Greg was always a total stud. Also, Sher -- we need to get another matching outfit, heh heh.. You look like Lulu there.

    Pic 3: The go kart! That was an outstanding piece of equipment. You look like Maze there!

    Pic 4: Wasn't that the old brownie camera that Pa gave me for my 8th birthday? I think I was directing the shot.. those were flaming arrows shot at a bear and there was orchestra music in my head..

    Pic 5: You look very serious indeed. Wow. And that horrible little monitor behind you probably cost about $4000.

    Pic 6: Seth's got quite the little smirk..

    Pic 7: Is that at El Sombrero? During Seth's non-smiling phase?

    Hope you have a great birthday, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts