You're My Inspiration...


When I have spent time with our children I always, without fail, go home inspired.  All seven of them encourage me to clean off my desk, pull out the projects that have been set aside and follow my heart.  Their lives are an inspiration to me and the little visits I have with each of them just gives me courage and delight in life.  From the oldest to the youngest I see an interest in life that gives me that warm glowy feeling of happiness. 

So I am off to work on a plan...a one year plan, a five year plan and a ten year plan.  This actually had been started before I left home but as I have moved along down the road I have had one little epiphany after another...(epiphany is a good way to say 'Aha moments!!'). 

All this thinking sent me to my quote file:

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.  -Henry Ford

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.  -Eleanor Roosevelt

When Pablo Casals reached 95, a young reporter threw him the following question.  "Mr. Casals, you are 95 and the greatest cellist that ever lived.  Why do you still practise six hours a day?"  Mr. Casals answered, "Because I think I'm making progress."

A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do.  Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.  Try to be better than yourself.

The very best advice I have received on this concept:

"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that... Don't compare yourself with others."  Galatians 6:4

So, I am wishing you all a blessed new week, full of new thoughts, ideas and plans. 


God bless and keep you all.

Comments

  1. I am inspired by you--and I am going to work on a life plan also--I like the one year, five year and ten year plan idea--this is a good winter project--thanks too for sharing all your wonderful quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts