Monday Does Matter

Yes, today, all day has been Monday and you have had a chance yet again, at the beginning of the week, to decide how you will make a difference to yourself and the world around you. 

The website at Every Monday Matters: 52 Ways to Make a Difference there is a suggestion for this week:  http://everymondaymatters.com/6/

Go there and read about all the ways you can thoroughly and decidedly get rid of junk in your mailbox.  Now most of the suggested websites are for American readers but some years ago I gave notice at our local post office and requested NO JUNK MAIL.  And it has been great. 

After you have read that article I would suggest that there are many other areas in your life where 'junk' can gather and distract. 

Besides getting rid of my mail junk I have recently gone through my email inbox and hit the 'unsubscribe' button a few times to get rid of mail coming for which I have no further use.  I have gone through my facebook 'like' additions and reduced them so that I get my friends and not all the products and websites that I have clicked on over time.

Today I began the delightful task of sorting through photos and arranging them chronologically. I find there are some very poor quality photos there that will never be missed or looked at, for that matter, so they have hit the trash bin.

So, you see, there are many ways to begin getting rid of the junk in your life.  I encourage you to look around you.  The people at Value Village/GoodWill/Salvation Army will be happy to relieve you of a lot of accumulation that just happens.  There are others in this world who will be delighted to take the 'stuff' off your hands. 

Last year I commited myself to using the phrase more, 'I do not need any of that...', when I am out shopping, especially tourist shopping.  And it has worked quite well most all the time.  I am not 100% cured but am on my way.  The first step is recognizing that it is time to relieve ourselves of clutter.

Tell me, what distractions keep you from having a clean life around you?  What do you see yourself doing to eliminate the riff-raff out of your life? 

Good luck and enjoy the feeling of clean space in your life.

Comments

Popular Posts