1. Misery and sorrow happen and sometimes they happen in large doses when you play dominoes!!! Let it wash over you...in time there will be change.
"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
2. There is no wisdom in messing up your enemy just for the sake of messing them up. If your hand says you are ready to go out, go out gracefully. In other words, take the high road as often as possible in life.
"He that digs a pit for another may fall into it himself." -Hindustan Proverb
3. Be happy with the hand you were dealt and do not look constantly for something more perfect to tweek your line-up. Contentment is a good thing. Make the most of what you 'got'.
"A harvest of peace is produced from a seed of contentment." -Indian Proverb
4. In this life, as in dominoes, you win some, you lose some.
"The next best thing to winning is losing. At least you've been in the race."
-Nettie Hershey Smith
5. Don't let the bad stuff (like losing a rash of games) define you. Losing dominoes not make you a loser. Your value does not lie in a game/job/marriage/house/whatever.
"Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it."
6. Don't fall in love with a domino just because it is a pretty colour. Use your imagination and make the most of what you have. (I have been known to lose a game because I did not want to end with a blank! Go figure!!)
"Live out your imagination, not your history." -Stephen Covey
7. No bragging, blaming or whining allowed...in dominoes or in life.
"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."
"To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist."