Somewhere... Dare to Dream

Somewhere over the rainbow,
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

-Yip Harburg

This morning I was reminded of that song. When Sherilee was a wee girl her room was covered in wallpaper that had rainbows, clouds, trees and houses repeated over and over, all done in fun shades of pink and yellow and blue and green and purple... I suppose we never even took a photo of that room but it was very pleasant. Very 70's but pleasant...

Do you think that the wallpaper or paint or books or artwork chosen for a child's room helps to influence their person?

If so, could the same to true for those of us of a 'certain age'? Could we change our outlook on life by what we surround ourselves with?

My personal theory, held for 40+ years is that we are made up of what we gather around us. When I read a book about India I want to get out the travel gear and go there. When I look at fine watercolour paintings I want to understand more how that is accomplished. If I read a book that is uplifting and talks of courage and faith... then I find those things are in my mind all day. Our thoughts do shape our dreams and lives.

For you, today, I wish pleasant surroundings that will warm your heart and inspire you to great things.


I threw in this photo because it evokes warm memories and the colours are outstanding. A trip to Italy may not happen for me again but I always can look at the photos I took and remember with fondness.

Happy trails to you all.
God be with you and be well.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts