Day Four . . . Killing Two Birds With One Stone

The joy of reading had crossed my mind as something to be grateful for and then I saw the girls (Sherilee and friends) start lists of books they have enjoyed...

So, here goes.

Today I will just put in 10 books that quickly came to mind in the non-fiction department of my library.


1. The Bible - cannot be surpassed for comfort and assurance.

2. I Married Adventure by Osa Johnson - from my mother's library, appropriate for me.

3. The March of Folly by Barbara Tuchman, anything by Ms. Tuchman is good.

4. Katherine Graham A Personal History - top marks for that one.

5. Catherine the Great by Robert Massie.  I have read more than one bio of Catherine; this is the best.

6. Thomas Jefferson by Fawn Brodie, recommended by Shelby and enjoyed more than once.

7. Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose which started me on my Lewis and Clark binge!

8. Marriage A Two-Part Invention by Madeline L'Engle. Good read.

9. Paris 1919 by Margaret MacMillan. This was engrossing and very educational.

10. Gandhi and Churchill by Arthur Herman. Amazing parallels in the lives of these two men, glad I didn't have either of those two as one of my children!!

And that is just a quick walk past the books I have in one part of the house. Tomorrow I will give you 10 of my fiction faves!! This is fun.

In the meantime, be well.


Comments

Popular Posts