Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

Here's an alphabet meme that's been rambling around the interwebnets that I just received from my daughter on her blog http://sweetteasunshine.blogspot.com/ and promptly made my own.  This is what happens when the snow is falling and I cannot go out and weed!

A – Age: 64
B – Bed size: King, soft marshmallowy King!!
C – Chore you hate: the chore that needs to be done when I have something else in mind.
D – Dog’s name: Scruffie...He is is Mexico City, last I heard, and I am here in Canada, but he is still my dog!
E – Essential start your day item: My Sudoku book so I can do my one puzzle I allow myself per day before heading to my office.
F – Favorite color: Pink, pink...glorious pink...not icy pink but warm pink. Which leads me to red, orange and gold colors which lead me over to the blue, green and purple. I love more color than you would first guess if you looked at my black, white and grey closet.
G – Gold or Silver: Silver mostly but would take a little gold if it was offered to me!
H – Height: 5' 7"
I – Instruments you play: A very small amount of piano and a very small amount of cello which I am once again starting to practice!
J – Job title: Shirlocky Holmes because I am the finder of all lost ‘stuff’.
K – Kid(s): Alan, Shelby, Sherilee, Kim, Seth, Maizy and Lucy Ann who are all very dear to me.
L – Living arrangements: with my husband on a hilltop on an island. What could be better than that?
M – Mom’s name: Opal Ruth
N – Nicknames: None because I am not very polite to those who call me nicknames that are unacceptable to my tender soul.
O – Overnight hospital stay other than birth: lots of nights (7 weeks) recovering from a car accident when I was a teenager.
P – Pet peeve(s): People who hardly know me making up an agenda they are sure I am going to want to adopt as my own!
Q – Quote from a movie: Sherilee just put in the following : "You have bewitched me, body and soul." -Mr. Darcy and I had to have it as my own. Mr. Darcy saying anything is hard to beat.
R – Right or left handed: Right
S – Siblings: 3 Sisters
T – Time you wake up: pretty much when I feel like it which usually is somewhere between 6 and 7 am.
U – Underwear? Yes, which I resolve to buy only wild colors instead of white or nude...let’s live a little!
V – Vegetable you dislike: Cannot think of one that I wouldn’t eat.
W – Ways you run late: Me run late? I never used to until I decided to join the late people instead of always being the one to push, push, push. No more hurry, worry or sorry...I’m retired.
X – X-rays you’ve had: my ankle, yet again. Tired of the pain. Previously? Lots!
Y – Yummy food you make: My favorite would be the Challah I make but if it is food I pretty much like it. The soup cooking on the stove yesterday morning smelled heavenly!
Z – Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Please play along, in the comments or on your own blog. Thanks!
I would love to hear what your lists say...humour me!

3 comments:

  1. Did you see the quote Janet put in my comments, from Paul Child? It's pretty great too.

    Happy you played along! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this--think I will sit down with a pen and paper and do my thing--I will let you know later what I come up with--You do have lots of snow--No snow in CR yet!!!!but very very icy roads so am staying in by the fire with a cup of tea and a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scruffie? Nice dog name, I must add it to my lists:
    Dog names lists

    ReplyDelete