Thankful, I am...

"If you cannot be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped."

The following reasons for thankfulness come to mind quickly...
1.  Physical work...good for the soul...

(my personal job site first thing on Monday morning...day off painting!)


"No great thing is created suddenly."  -Epictetus

2.  Sweet marriages...from my view...Happy new year of marriage, Shelby and Kim.


"If all gambling were illegal, we would all have to stop driving cars and getting married."

3.  Good time with God...prayers answered...thoughts that stay with me all day...

A sketchbook on your table helps keep the chapter for the day in your mind.  Recently I started reading Desire of Ages again and find that sketching the chapter keeps it with me from one day to another.

4.  Small sitings of delight...my 'pets' watching over the construction site...


...I do love the rebar/wire mix


5.  Good memories...sometimes we spent our Sabbath afternoons in Mexico driving around the countryside observing life as they live it...


6.  A sweet daughter-in-law who is celebrating her birthday today.  We are so happy to have her as part of our family.  All the strengths she brings have been a blessing to us all.  Happy, happy birthday, dear Kim.


7.  This past week I enjoyed taking photos of our construction site...the best part was catching Sherwin doing what he does best...smiling...


Now you all have a great week and remember...
"There's one thing for which you should be thankful - only you and God have all the facts about yourself."

Comments

  1. I wish you had a current photo showing Shelby with his beard! I don't know how much longer he will have it... so we need to document this while we can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts