Brief Update . . . Reasons to be Thankful

No end of reasons to be thankful . . .

This week I thought many times of the abundance of summer.  I do not have an abundant garden due to negligence but I came home with groceries this week loaded down with figs, plums, nectarines, raspberries, and blueberries.  Every meal is made delightful with this wonderful food.

At the beginning of the week I said I would have our bedroom, closets and bathroom painted and ready for occupancy.  Well, the closets are painted as is our bedroom but there is still too much finishing detail before we can take occupancy.

Sherwin took this photo of me up among the clerestory windows in our bedroom.  I am so happy to be done with that ladder.  When I paint upstairs I will have a proper scaffold so will feel much more comfortable with a solid, flat surface for my feet.


We have changed our plans for painting the bathroom the same as the bedroom . . . we like our bedroom dark and cave-like to help Sherwin with his sleep but could see that the Cushing Green by Ben Moore would be too dark for a bathroom.  Tune in again for an update next week with the bathroom complete!

Sherwin has been sawing, sanding, staining and finishing shelves all week.  For one reason or other I have not taken photos of each step of the process but will soon be able to show you a photo of our beautiful closet all ready for the flooring, baseboards and clothes!!


Needless to say, we still have our bed in the middle of the living room.  Notice the fireplace on the left and the dining room behind the bed.  Here Sherwin is resting his tail feathers before he heads off for a shower.  Every day is day full of activity around here so we both are sleeping pretty good.


More photos after the weekend...

We are most thankful for the progress that we are able to make each week.  And I am most grateful for all of you who read our ramblings.

God bless and be well.



Comments

Popular Posts