It Truly is Autumn . . .

Yesterday when I came to my office early in the morning I saw the sunlight warming up Navy Channel and this tug with its load.  Such an autumn photo...the air is clear, the colours are warm even early in the day and though you cannot feel it, the air has a mild snap to it at that time of day.


As you have been following along in my blog you have noticed that I have been staining cedar boards to be used for soffits.  Well, the ceiling/soffit area of the actual carport, which is just under 1000 square feet is complete!  Hallelujah from the staining party and Hallelujah from the installation party!

We are pleased with the results...


Also, in the carport area Sherwin completed the stair rails for the entrance to the studio.


...and we have set up a full set of scaffolding for both of us.  Our neighbour, Don, who has loaned us the parts for the scaffolding, told us he had more parts we could pick up so we are happy to have a full set-up for Sherwin now on the east side of the house and for me upstairs to complete the painting of the studio/loft.


The photo above was taken in the early morning light yesterday so the shadows are somewhat heavy.  It is looking good though and we are truly blessed with the sunshine so we can continue to close up our addition.

This next photo shows Sherwin making the windows as tight as he possibly can to give us a warm house.


Lest you think that I have been sitting on my touché getting pedicures and eating berries as they come and go out of season, I included the next photo with some paint on the walls.

What you see is the studio section of upstairs where I have finished one coat of the finish colour.  I should have taken a photo of my scaffold so you could go ooohh and aaahhhh over my lovely facility for work.

The indoor painting will be complete when I have completed 2 coats over the primer all over. It is a pleasant space that we are excited to move into with our tables and pencils and paints, etc. etc. etc.


You can see Sherwin skulking along the scaffold outside on the east side of the house.  We are ever so thankful for our angels who care for us both each day.

So there you have a construction update.  I do hope you all have had a beautiful Sabbath day and are rested and refreshed for the new week ahead.

God bless and be well.






Comments

Popular Posts