My Day of Common Miracles, No. 2

"The miracles in fact are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see."             -C S Lewis


Every day in so many ways I see small common miracles that lighten and brighten my journey.  Since I joined "Common Miracles" (click there) I have thought about this more and and without a doubt am seeing them more all the time.




My knee pads are common things.  They have been to Mexico and back where they were used for tile washing.  Needless to say I cherish them.  They are like small miracles all on their own.  In years gone by I would kneel and work away without any padding but now they are a must.  I don't know what all is inside them but these are no ordinary knee pads...they save my crickety old knees a bundle of pain.




The loveliest part of this little miracle is that my knee pads, like many other small items necessary to my day, get placed somewhere for safe keeping.  I am sure, at the time, that I will not forget where I have laid them and go about doing other chores.  


Then, next morning I need those knee pads to work out in the garden but where are they? Now this doesn't happen just for my knee pads but when I am lost I will say out loud that I do not want to waste my time looking for something so important.  And time after time I feel that maybe my angel gives my head a turn, maybe a nudge from Someone Else but I turn my head right then and there are the lost pads (or whatever).


This is common and small but in just that way I find that when I need a reminder on weightier matters that soft, gentle nudge comes and I turn my eyes and they are opened once again.  


Great thankfulness comes from acknowledging that I am being watched, helped, and prompted by a small still voice in matters both small and large.


Have you felt a nudge lately?  God bless and be well.



Comments

Popular Posts