Thankful Heart





This past week I was more than twice blessed by lovely quotes and encouragements sent my way.  The following quote was particularly appropriate to my week.  


“. . . the head is not a very good place for prayer. It is not a bad place for starting your prayer. But if your prayer stays there too long and doesn’t move into the heart, it will gradually dry up and prove tiresome and frustrating. You must learn to move out of the area of thinking and talking and move into the area of feeling, sensing, loving, and intuiting. That is the area where contemplation is born and prayer becomes a transforming power and a source of never-ending delight and peace.” ~Anthony de Mello


Active, not passive...like the plants in my garden.  




O, for a closer walk with God,
A calm and heavenly frame,
A light to shine upon the road
That leads me to the Lamb.


                     -William Cowper


Friend, CS Lewis, says:  "The petition, then, is not merely that I may patiently suffer God's will but also that I may vigorously do it...'Thy will be done - by me - now' brings one back to brass tacks."









Comments

Popular Posts