A Spot of Joy to Start Your Monday...

"Funny thing about joy is that you only really find it when you are too busy having fun to be looking for it."  


                 -from 'The Wold According to Curly Girl' by Leigh Standley


Thinking this was a good way to end last week I wrote up a blog with photos and all but by the time I got it finished it appeared stale and outdated.  When I awoke this morning I knew now was the time to share this quote and some cheer to start off our Monday.


What brings you joy?  What defines joy for you?  Over the years I believe it has changed some, but only some, for me.  The busy part of the above quote has really been true for me.  Too much leisure does not bring me joy.  Activity and some deed accomplished is what does it for me.




Yes, I am getting the decks all refinished.  I started at the bottom with deck 6 and am slowly working my way up the hill and today will tackle the mildew problem and fill cracks on deck 2.  It is feeling good!!




On the driveway side of the house great things are happening with Sherwin's hole digging project preparing for foundations for our new 'house'.  If you will click here you will get to see the details of his work.  It is a marvel to see.




This spot of joy came from our early morning ferry ride to church on Sabbath...what more could you want for a commute?




We are delighted to be able to take food from our garden and we love the flowers that feed our souls...




And there are little surprises, like my little Yoga Froggies peeking out among the clematis in the garden, that give another opportunity to smile...




While we were in Victoria we saw an old church, actually the only remaining standing and used church dating from the late 1800's.  Some of the original stained glass windows were very well done.




But I must say that one of my greatest sources of joy is to have good conversations with my children...




So I do hope I have brought a smile to your face as you start out this new week.  


God bless and be well.



Comments

  1. I *love* the shot off the stern of the ferry. What a beautiful view. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog especially the little girl with the movie camera. Any of those old movies still around?
    Alan-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is delightful to see that you find joy in such a tedious task as prepping and painting the decks. It is no small task, and yet you certainly have the right mindset to tackle the job.

    Is it somewhat like beating your head against a rock wall? it feels so good when you stop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts