A Spot of Joy to Start Your Monday...

Not sure about the weather in your part of the world I thought, since we are in grey/overcast/foggy drizzle I would start by cheering up myself with a few words of wisdom on weather.

"Let the rain kiss you.  Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.  Let the rain sing you a lullaby."                 -Langston Hughes

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."  -Anon

"Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main."   -Thomas Lovell Beddoes

"All was silent as before -
All silent save the dripping rain."   -Longfellow

"The sky was dark and gloomy, the air was damp and raw, the streets were wet and sloppy.  The smoke hung sluggishly above the chimney tops as if it lacked the courage to rise, and the rain came slowly and doggedly down, as if it had not even the spirit to pour."  -Charles Dickens


p.s.  I started this post before breakfast.  Now I look out and I see sunshine on my garden.  Now is the time for all good gardeners to get those weeds.

Have a great week, rain or shine.

Comments

Popular Posts