Oh, Glorious Beginnings . . .

The beginning to a new week is always an opportunity for me...

I can start over with my stern resolves of last week that went nowhere and I can do again those habits that worked well.

We started off the day with placing boards in the portico for the soffit.  But when Sherwin ran into a glitch that he had to fix, I took off for Garden no. 6 and tackled the weeds that have taken up residence there.

As I knelt in the soft damp earth to pull weeds I happened to look up into the Japanese maple to admire its colours and took a second look at the little birdhouse hanging there.

I wish you could see inside the house and see the grass and nesting materials that some bird found to make a home for their new family.  The past few weeks/months have been so demanding, time-wise, that I haven't looked at all the crooks and crannies of my gardens but here was evidence that 'someone' had enjoyed that quiet, shaded spot to raise some babies.


So, between the beautiful sunshine, blue skies, good walk with my husband and evidence of bird renters, I have only gratitude in my heart for a new week.

For you all, I wish the same; hearts full of thankfulness.  Tell me, what is it that makes the start of your week worthy of mention?






Comments

Popular Posts