Aha, You Thought I Had Forgotten . . .

No, I haven't forgotten about all the lovely words that I plan to implement this year but just now I feel I am returning from the walking dead.  Somewhere on my journey home I picked up a flu bug.

The first week of January I used the word 'tenderness' and received many lovely comments on that word choice.  And here we are in week five of January; I will share my word for this week.

'Silence':  my dictionary says that it could be a period of time without speech or noise . . .

And that is what I needed this week.  When I talk or laugh I start to cough and I am very tired of coughing.

But there is much more to silence than my body comfort. . .


"Somewhere we know 
that without silence words lose their meaning,   without listening speaking no longer heals,
that without distance closeness cannot cure."
-Henri J. M. Nouwen

"Quiet is peace.  Tranquility.  
Quiet is turning down the volume knob of life.  
Silence is pushing the off button.  
Shutting it down.  All of it."
-Khaled Hosseini

Breathing deeply and just smiling.

Be well.  Please!





Comments

  1. After just watching Eat Pray Love I want to get you a small lapel card with the word "Silence" on it.

    Then add to it another movie we just watched, "A Thousand Words"... and you realize how we waste so many words. This is not the typical silly Eddy Murphy movie... I recommend it!

    I now have a greater appreciation of silence... and will always cherish the Mother Teresa quote.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts