Is Christmas Truly Over?

Before I get in a hurry to take down my Christmas header I will post the recipe for my all time favourite Christmas Cake.

Thank you, Carole, for digging this recipe out again.  It was like seeing an old friend.

"The Jolliest of Christmas Cakes"

Set oven to 350 degrees

4 eggs
1/8 tsp salt              
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat these 3 ingredients well.

1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (1/2 cup of this to dust the fruit and nuts)  
2 tsp bkg powder

Stir these next 3 ingredients into egg mix.

1 pound red glace cherries
1 pound green glace cherries
1 pound Brazil nuts
1 pound hazelnuts
1 pound pecan halves
2 pounds whole pitted dates

Dust the nuts and fruit with the 1/2 cup flour set aside for this purpose.  Add to the egg/sugar mix and stir well.  Grease and line 3 8x4 loaf pans with parchment paper.

Bake for one hour.

(ready for the oven)


Disclaimer:  I know I had more than the 3 pounds of nuts and the 4 pounds of fruit so I used 6 eggs and of course I never add 1/2 tsp vanilla to any recipe.  I tend to pour in vanilla.  

But save for next December and Enjoy!!!

If you have a Christmas recipe that you really love and are willing to share, I would love to hear from you.  

Happy New Year, again, and Be Well.






Comments

Popular Posts