The Attack on Sabino Canyon . . .

There is a Photo Club here at Del Webb so of course I had to take a look at what they do and where they go.  Tuesday, this past week, was Photo Shoot Day so off we went to one of my very favourite walks/hikes here in the area, Sabino Canyon, to shoot to our hearts content.


The flora of this desert area does not cease to amaze me...


We took the shuttle to the top of the canyon and then walked down, some of us part way, some all the way and some not at all...


My favourites include the Saguaro.  I did find out that I have to buy a 50-75 year specimen before it will start to send out arms...hmmm...


Happy to see these bright little faces along the edge of the trail coming down.


The hillsides are beginning to green up some...


And then there are those who stay green all year...


Spring break is going full throttle here in AZ so lots of kids around.  I love to see the kids come down to the pool where I exercise every day.  It doesn't seem right to live in a neighbourhood where there are no kids...lots of dogs but no kids.


Many of you have seen my earlier photos from Sabino where I have shown huge amounts of water crossing the bridges...this is the only one flooding so far this year.


Do not allow appearances deceive you...this is not at all a friendly plant.  It does look soft and fluffy though, doesn't it?

When you come to visit I will take you for a walk in this canyon...

Be well.





Comments

Popular Posts