What Came Before . . .


John and Rosie Kandt - parents of Father

"To remain ignorant 
of what occurred before you were born 
is to remain always a child.  
For what is the worth of human life, 
unless it is woven 
into the life of our ancestors 
by the records of history."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Reinhold and Ida Bechthold- parents of Mother

I have been known to purchase photos of this era that I find in antique/junk stores.  It bothers me something fierce that people would put photos of their forebears up for sale.  

But no, these are my really truly grandparents.  Why did I not take the time to know them before they were all gone?  What were their stories?  I know some facts about them but I never really knew them, how they saw the world around them or their dreams and ambitions. 

Do you have people in your life that come from another era that you could still talk to before it is too late?  It is a gentle task to extract stories from folks who are not accustomed to divulge their hearts to others...

Be well.





Comments

Popular Posts