Getting Ready For Christmas...


Isn't this just the most delightful cake?

It just invites you to smile.

This morning when I did some research on the song that inspired this cake I found that I had been singing it wrong all these many years.

When you come to no. 4 in the series I always thought that it was "...four calling birds" but it isn't.  It is correctly sang as "...four collie birds".  So then, of course, I had to find out what collie birds are.

It is spelt either collie or colley birds and they are European Black Birds.  Now we all know.

Oh, you say I am the last to know?  That's possible.

Love to all.








t

Comments

  1. Nope, not the last, for sure. I think I like 4 calling birds better, I think I'm going to keep singing it that way!

    Isn't that just the greatest cake?? Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what you are bringing for dessert? Ha Ha ! Looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts