Two Proverb Tuesday...

It has come to my attention over and over that there is a message being played out 'there', you know, in the media, more strongly than ever, where the answer to all your woes and troubles would be over if you would just:

follow your heart
whatever makes you happy
do what you want, when you want
do what makes you feel good

...and phrases of similar value.  This I find troubling.  Somewhere in my past I learned that my heart was not always the best barometer, especially in moments of intense stress.  In fact I find that so much sorrow and major hurt has transpired because somebody thought they needed 'to follow their bliss'.

You know I am not talking about little issues here but choices that are earth shattering to you or the people around you.

"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, 
But whoever walks wisely will be delivered."  
Proverbs 28:26

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, 
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, 
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6

Just sayin'...


Comments

Popular Posts