In Remembrance . . .

Today marks the 100th birthday of Barbara Tuchman, a writer of history.  Her love for history and her ability to write a good story went together so naturally and gave her the success with her books that she found.

Mrs. Tuchman wrote about a dozen books over the years starting out when her two oldest daughters were young and she still felt the need to be home with them.   When she passed away at the age of 77 her latest book was on the New York Times Best Seller List.

Of her dozen books, I have only read four.  But I am always on the lookout for another.  If you love history, well told, pick one up and enjoy.  Of the four I have read I cannot recommend one over another... they were all great books.


Barbara Tuchman is high on my list of 'people of influence' in my life.

Have a great day and be well.






Comments

Popular Posts