Listography . . .Your Life in List Form

After a great rest yesterday I am ready for a new week, well, at least in my mind.

But I need a list, or do I?  I promise not to bore you with the list of all I think I need to do in a new week, in fact I am beginning to wonder at the value of lists.

What is the purpose of a list?  Does it make my mind lazy so that I don't have to think but just look at a piece of paper?   Does a list remove the spontaneity of life?

Now on the other hand have I been accomplishing less lately because I am getting used to the chaos that has been surrounding me in this building project?

How is it that some folks can run with the wind, do as they wish, when they wish and sail through life in a rather breezy manner and then there are others who labour under the notion that life should be organized, tidy, taken with care, moved with prudence?

I did say, recently, that you can teach old dogs new tricks and I am proof of that but do I really want to give up the order of a previous life for the chaos and 'freedom' of a disordered life?

Hmmm . . .

Back to the lists.  There is comfort in a good list.  So much happens in a week with a good list.  To me there is a strong correlation between a good list and good use of time.  And you know me . . . I love the good use of time.

Ignore all that ramble up at the beginning of my blog.  It feels good just to think of the beauty of time and remember the love of a good list well done!

"The common man is not concerned about the passage of time, the man of talent is driven by it."
- Schroppenaur

"It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants.  The question is, what are we busy about?"
- Henry David Thoreau

"You're writing the story of your life, one moment at a time." - Doc Childre and Howard Martin




Comments

  1. Speaking of lists, "When I see the Ten Most Wanted Lists... I always have this thought: If we'd made them feel wanted earlier, they wouldn't be wanted now." -Eddie Cantor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a little apprehensive when I see you making your lists. I don't mind fixing things for you... or helping you when you need a hand... it's just one never knows what's going to be next on your "Honey Do List."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts