September 11: Remember When . . .

On the morning of September 11, 2001, I was sitting at my desk, when I glanced at my computer and saw something very odd.  It appeared as though the top of the World Trade Centre in New York City was on fire. Hmm...

Turning up the volume I heard frantic voices that didn't make much sense to me and since I was busy with my 'morning routine' at my desk I turned down the volume and went back to what I thought was important.

Soon thereafter, Sherilee called from San Diego (?) where she was attending a conference, and asked if we knew what was going on...

No, we really didn't.  We do try to avoid the news as much as possible but when she alerted us to the disaster in NYC we turned up the volume and watched with horror.

I remember being Very Thankful that Shelby and Kim and Maizy had moved west from NYC just months before (a mother's mind and heart).

I remember thinking of the tourists who had chosen to take the elevator to the very top of the World Trade Centre that morning on 9/11 as Shelby, Sherwin and I had done some months before...


We take so much for granted... never thought of there being danger standing on top of the NYC world taking in the view as we toured with Shelby.

My heart is with those people who lost loved ones twelve years ago today.

God be with you and be well.






Comments

Popular Posts