September 14: News That Gets Me Going . . . Or Not

B
efore I get going on any news item from the last week or so, let me tell you that I firmly believe that 99.9999999% of the news is getting way too much air time as it is without me going on a rant about any of it.  But that is just my opinion.  

Recently we have seen a lot of the USA vs. Syria issue and just yesterday Tiger Woods received 2 penalty points for a bit of foolishness on the golf course.  Both stories make me roll my eyes and start raising my voice.

But, I choose not to give them so much as a nod today. Around here they prefer me with quiet eyes and a lowered voice so I think I will move out of the news arena and send you good wishes with this quote today.

"If you don't go
when you want to go, 
when you do go, 
you'll find you're gone."

- Burt Monroe (played by Anthony Hopkins in The World's Fastest Indian)

This past week Sherwin and I watched three movies that deal with old age, death and preparing to die. All three highly worth the view.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Get Low
The World's Fastest Indian

Even for those of you who are very young or consider yourself very young, see and ponder.

This posting wasn't news in the strictest sense but I did feel a bit of a rant coming on...

Love to you all, and above all, be well.





Comments

Popular Posts