September 20: Challenge. . . Gratitude

R ight now I am most thankful for all the garden work I was able to do this week.  It seemed like a good time to take a break from painting boards and now as I listen to the rain pound on the roof I can see I made a good decision.

At the beginning of the week I decided now is the time to simplify my gardens, make them less work intensive and easier to manage.  So I have dug and transferred and given away to my heart's content.  I can see it coming together.

Looking back on the Challenge list I can see I missed a lot of fun at the computer for 3 days.  Loved the corn salads over on Sherilee's blog.  Click here to see what she had...

As I was out playing in the dirt and fixing irrigation I thought of the Challenge about what it was I wanted to grow up to be. Don't think I really twigged into career ideas until I became a teenager and thought there may be possibilities out there.

But it was the Challenge for Wednesday that gave me the most food for thought. The Challenge read: Show us your happy place.  That morning we rose around 5 to get the 7 am ferry to town for the day so at that time my happy place was my bed.


After much thought and smiling to myself I decided my happy place is really my desk where I can do fun creative stuff.


A close runner-up has to be some of the garden work.  The weed pulling is not my happy place but anything to do with planning and planting and rearranging my yard is definitely a happy place for me. And the zinnias are blooming so that is a good thing.


For all of the above I am grateful, and so much more.  It is good to think about what makes my heart full of gratitude... reminds me of my place on this earth.

"Do not spoil what you have 
by desiring what you have not; 
remember that what you now have 
was once among the things you only hoped for."
_ Epicurus

Wishing for you a Sabbath rest and above all, be well.







Comments

  1. You have a gift of making most places in a home very happy places indeed, Ma. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts