September 16: Monday Morning Inspiration . . .

Our challenge today is to confess what it is we would like to do better than we do now.

After yesterday's blog challenge I realized that I could learn to take advice more easily. Time to shuck the pride and look for, seek out, and follow good advice when given in a spirit of intelligent loving kindness. Or am I being too picky regarding the intelligent loving kindness?

advice n. opinion about what could or should be done about a problem

"The trouble with good advice is that it usually interferes with our plans."

Seriously, what I would really like to be able to do better is to express myself easily when I am face to face.  When I am in a situation where I feel I am being 'put on the spot', I would like to be able to clearly articulate my opinion.

Right now there are two instances where I feel I need to go clean up behind myself because I did not say what I intended, but all this other stuff came rolling out! And if I were to scratch around in the memory a bit I could come up with a long list of verbal blunders.

"Language exerts hidden power, 
like a moon on the tides."
- Rita Mae Brown

"Speak clearly, if you speak at all; 
carve every word before you let it fall."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.






Comments

Popular Posts