Happy, Happy New Year to my friends and family...

Looking forward to this new year...



Before I move ahead I have to take a look at how the last year went and what I will do about that.

"There are years that ask questions and years that answer." Zora Hurston


Come along and take a little self-examination with me...

1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with 2010?

Oh, I would have to say 9.0, maybe even a 9.5.

2. Why did you score that way?

This past year I have had reason to mourn losses which have been hard on my heart.  The loss of friends and the loss of the orphanage are harsh lessons on the fickleness of life.

I did learn a lot this year in the art expression department.

But feel that I have not cleaned up the past as well as I could have. There are days I would like to travel back and make right all the wrongs I have done, all the mis-steps I have taken so you can see there have been reasons that have muddied my score from a grand and glorious 10!

3. What are your biggest accomplishments this year?
 
This year I have actually started to give away pieces of art.  That is a major step for me.


4. What are the biggest lessons you learned this year?

Have you noticed how lessons come round again and again until they really stick?  The biggest one I learned again was "there is more than one way to skin a cat"...may I remember that as the storm approaches so that I can graciously grant others their views/space/ideas/whatever.


5. What are your biggest goals that you want to achieve next year?

Biggest goal?  Well, I would like to sell a painting this year!!

6. What new habits do you want to cultivate?

Hone my organizational skills.  Now there are some who live with me who may say, oh my, but I have gotten sloppy in my retirement years and need to plan my days, my hours and life.

"He, who every morning plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life." Victor Hugo


7. What are your immediate next steps to achieve them?

While shopping for others in the past year I found some delightful books to help organize my life.  One on meal planning.  One on music in my life.  So that is a good start wouldn't you say?  I wish you all a great year ahead.  Be well.

"And now let us welcome the New Year
Full of things that have never been." Rainer Maria Rilke

Comments

Popular Posts