Monday Does Matter

Every day matters to me but on Monday I am trying to be more mindful of that fact.  What can I do to improve the quality of my life and the quality of life for the people around me?  What one thing could I do today that could make a dfference in the value of today? 

On the website 'Every Monday Matters' it has been suggested that today would be a good day to think about turning off the TV, possibly all electronic media/entertainment.  Whew!!  Now there is a novel idea...what on earth will I do without that chatter going on in the background of my day? 

Go to http://everymondaymatters.com/2/ where they talk about a no TV-day or more and give their reasoning.  It is sound.

Of course I could always:
*  read more books


*  enjoy the peace and quiet of this spot where we live
*  photography
*  paint, sketch, doodle
*  learn to appreciate music and the making of music again


There is no shortage of good stuff to do...It just is a bit of a discipline to make it happen.

Tell me, if it is not TV, is there something else you feel you should set aside for one day a week? Or if you were to shut off all media for one day a week what would you do with that time and quiet that you have been meaning to do? 

Comments

Popular Posts